This a report by Joe Rispoli
There are many ways to advertise without putting out a lot of cash. Use these tips to your advantage. Modify them and make them your own. Just remember that the only way to succeed with your business is to do something.
No one has ever found success by doing nothing.
1. Put your website on notepads, pens, newsletters, bumper stickers, coffee cups.
2. Flyers. When you buy your morning paper, slip some flyers in with the rest of the newspapers.
3. Business cards (You can make up your own or get them free through VistaPrint)
4. Article marketing is one of my favorite method of advertising. If you write articles and then use a service to publish them your articles become viral.Your articles will spread like a virus and could have the potential to be viewed by hundreds of thousands of people.
5. Participating in online discussion forums is an excellent way to get the word out about your business, and it is free. Build relationships first and use your signature file to let everyone know what you do and who you are.
6. Free classifieds. Online classifieds as well as your local newspaper.
7. Targeted ezine advertising is one of the most cost effective ways to advertise your business.
8. Solo ads. Test, test, test. Your success depends on your ad and your heading!
9. Mail out postcards.
10. Purchase leads that are targeted and related to your business. If possible get their phone number and followup.
11. Bookmarks for libraries, do not forget to talk to your librarian first.
12. Purchase cheap seed packets, put a tag on them with your website as well as a saying like, I am in the business of helping people grow.
13. Use your knowledge and publish a newsletter or ezine. One your build up your list you can offer paid subscriptions or ads.
14. Word of mouth (friends and family).
15. Forwarded emails or replying back to unsolicited email. Add your testimony to your signature line.
17. Pens to hand out with a short advertisement and your URL.
18. Welcome baby cards for hospitals.
19. If your domain name is a string words, try capitalizing each. This helps people who just take a quick glance remember it.
20. Create an information type handout that briefly explains your business.
21. When you go to a garage or yard sale, ask if you can leave a few of your flyers there.
22. Community Colleges. Every student needs a part time job.
23. Put a business card in all outgoing mail including anything that has a postage paid envelope.
24. Visit establishments you do business with (doctor offices, health food stores, karate/dance studios, etc) and ask if you can leave flyers.
25. Car magnets. You can put magnets all over your car.
26. Promote your business for free in local magazines, newspapers, community newsletters, etc. Many rely on voluntary writing contributions.
Translate your knowledge into an article. It is free advertising and a n effective way to establish yourself as an expert in your field.
27. Leave your business card in restrooms at restaurants or on cork boards around grocery stores.
28. Get a booth at school events and share what you offer.
29. Look into putting an ad in school sponsored publications (directories, PTA booklets, etc). Usually not to expensive.
30. Set up a free giveaway box in any store that will give you permission.
31. Post flyers at apartment complexes if they will allow it.
32. Place flyers under windshield wipers of cars.
33. Newspaper classified ads are cheap and effective. Ask about having your ad appear with a color background to make it stand out even more.
34. Buy a personalized stamp and put your ad on it. Stamp the back of any envelopes that you mail.
35. When it comes to advertising and marketing, repetition plays an important part in your campaigns success.
36. We all get junk mail with the postage paid envelopes. Just send a flyer back to the company and use their return envelope.
37. Personalized Tshirts.
38. Make up Gift basket raffles for Church bazaars, concerts held during summer, at your local community hall, or any town function. Do not forget to put your business card or some other advertisement in the basket.
39. Put flyers on car windshields at your kids sporting events.
40. Leave a business card with your tip for your waiter/waitress.
41. Reply to spam email with your own business advertisement.
42. Give your business cards to friends and family and ask them to give them out to people they know who would be interested in part time income.
43. Put up flyers at the local colleges, libraries and grocery stores.
44. Ask your local chinese takeout if you can post a flyer in their window.
45. Create a post it stack of your business cards with a glue stick and then post them at pay phones.
46. Business cards with a magnetic back really stick in people’s minds as well as on their refrigerator.
47. Leave business cards by the change machine in the mall arcade or at the ATM machine.
48. Put your website address on your sun visor using vinyl letters.
49. Find an old metal tin (or new), put a magnet on the back, put your business cards in them and then just attach this to your car when you go into a store.
50. Be different and get noticed. When you are unique then you are one step ahead of your competition.
There are many ways to promote your business without spending a fortune. Think outside the box. Most people notice things that are different, something that draws their attention or even makes them laugh.
Keep it simple, keep it cheap and before you know it your success will be achieved without going broke.
Copyright 2007 Joe Rispoli
About the Author:
Joe Rispoli has been involved in online marketing for over 10 years. He would like to invite entrepreneurs to start
using his online marketing information and free advertising resources to help promote their home business all
over the Internet!